Katherine Jones from CSA/RefWorks would welcome comments from JIBS members on this new product:
"RefWorks is pleased to announce the public debut of RefAware, an online personal research assistant and monitoring service that enables members of the academic community and other researchers to stay abreast of the latest publications and research in their field instantly. This simple-to-use service allows researchers to be alerted when new articles are available -- most within hours of publication and many even pre-publication. With the ability to create separate search queries, researchers can now use RefAware to keep them informed of "up-to-the-minute" information based on their unique research interests. Providing one source, for a variety of research data, RefAware constantly scours the internet for the latest information and automatically delivers newly found data through an alerting service. Harnessing the speed and accessibility of the Internet, RefAware provides a comprehensive, real-time picture of today's global research.
A preview of RefAware can be seen at: http://www.refaware.com/RefAwarePreview/RefAware%20Preview.htm
* Providing coverage from over 8,000 peer-reviewed journals and other non-referred sources of information.
* Discipline specific coverage includes the Life Sciences, Biology, and Medicine; Physical Sciences; Engineering; Social Sciences; Arts & Humanities; and Business.
* Leading scholarly journals with high impact factors within specific disciplines are scanned for inclusion.
* Search through tens of thousands of online source material.
* Constantly crawls the Web searching for newly available references and information.
* Saves time by providing one source for a variety of research data.
* Receive immediate notification of new references through email alerts.
* Links to full-text, seamless exports to bibliographic management programs and online usage reports.
* Pricing. For a limited time, a special "introductory" license offer is available."
For further information on RefAware or to arrange for an organization-wide trial, please go to www.refaware.com or contact Katherine Jones